The prize winning Handbook of Industrial Mixing: Science and Practice, sponsored by the North American Mixing Forum and published by John Wiley & Sons is now on a second printing and is receiving rave reviews from industry and academia.
In February 2005, the Association of American Publishers selected the handbook as the best book of a scholarly or intellectual nature in the field of engineering published in 2004. See the full list of professional and scholarly publishing award winners.
The handbook was officially launched at the 2003 Annual Meeting of the AIChE in San Francisco, California, on November 17.
The vital statistics:
- 22 Chapters authored by 46 contributors
- Visual Mixing CD: a collection of mixing video clips
- a 29 page Editors’ Introduction including Conversations overheard in a chemical plant and Mixing diagnostic charts
- 1352 pages of text
- 770 figures
- a 24 page Index
Read the reviews:
- Review by CEP Magazine
- Review by Chemical Engineer
- Review by Chemical Engineering Science
- Review by Organic Process Research & Development
- Review by Powder and Bulk Engineering
- Review by AIChE Journal, 2006
More information is in the NAMF Book Announcement
How to order: