Mixing XXVII is the 27th Biennial Conference in a series of conferences that began in 1967. For the first time in its history, Mixing XXVII will be held virtually from June 20 to June 23, 2022.
The decision to switch to online format is direct result of the significant uncertainty over the ability of our presenters and attendees to travel to an in-person meeting and NAMF’s ability to operate an in-person meeting in a safe and viable manner.
NAMF, the North American Mixing Forum, organizes this conference and is a multidisciplinary, international, non-profit group devoted to the promotion of scholarship, research, and education in the field of fluid mixing.
Traditionally every two years, members of the global mixing community meet in different regions of North America to share and discuss the latest research developments and advancements in fluid mixing. Participants come from academia, industry, and private and government-affiliated research institutions. Participants may submit abstracts to present their recent work or may simply attend the conference to learn more about and discuss fluid mixing and advancements in the field. Since no proceedings are published, the conference is an ideal venue for participants to share current work without the constraint of written documentation. Student participants are also welcomed and may contribute their work through the student competition or poster session.
Technical sessions are organized to cover a broad range of fluid mixing topics such as:
- Mixing in Single-Phase Systems
- Mixing in Multi-Phase Systems
- Use of CFD in the Simulation of Single and Multi-Phase Mixing Processes
- Mixing Scale-Up/Scale-Down Issues
- Industrial Mixing Issues and Solutions
- Mixing in Rheologically Complex Fluids
- Novel Mixer and Mixed Reactor Design
- Novel Experimental Techniques in Mixing
- Mixing in Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceuticals Processes
- Troubleshooting Mixing Issues
- Mixing under Extreme Conditions
- Mixing Education